[WSBAPT] Discovered a newer Will near the end of testate probate

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Jun 5 12:03:10 PDT 2017

I think the only issues are whether or not the 2012 Will is genuine, validly executed, and disposes of the entire estate of the decedent. If so, the 2007 Will was superseded. In this context, the 4-month deadline to contest a probated Will doesn't apply--the more recent Will can be presented and proved at any time prior to closure of the original probate. Estate of Stein, 78 Wn.App. 251, 896 P.2d 740 (1995); In re Elliott's Estate, 22 Wn.2d 334, 156 P.2d 427 (1945).

The 2012 Will of course is subject to dispute, contest on grounds of undue influence, capacity, etc., etc...

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.