[WSBAPT] Discovered a newer Will near the end of testate probate

Michael Biesheuvel michael at pugetsoundwills.com
Mon Jun 5 09:51:52 PDT 2017

I'm looking for some advice on this one.

Facts: Decedent recently died testate with a 2007 Will. Heirs and
beneficiaries are his brothers. I represent the named PR, who is one of the
brothers. We are nearly done with probate, everything was smooth and
routine. We planned to close probate and make final distributions in a
couple of weeks. But over the weekend another family member who was not an
heir or beneficiary discovered a valid 2012 Will that names *different
beneficiaries and a different PR* (names the family member who discovered
the Will). Not all parties like one another.

Any ideas or helpful precedent? It is a broad question for a broad set of
potential issues.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Michael Biesheuvel
Attorney