[WSBAPT] Tenant/Beneficiary Under Will

Marilyn J Kliman Law marilyn at marilynjklimanlaw.com
Mon Jul 17 19:05:33 PDT 2017

I'm dealing with an estate made up of almost exclusively real property, very
little cash, and substantial debt. Although the property vests immediately
in the beneficiary, I'm told it doesn't mean the beneficiary receives it (or
rent or income) until the estate is settled and property distributed. In our
case, property must be sold to service the debt, and the PR has discretion
as to what will be sold - so it appears that the intended beneficiary of the
property to be sold is not fully 'vested' in the sense of full ownership.

Marilyn J.Kliman

Marilyn J. Kliman Law, PLLC

510 Bell Street

Edmonds, WA 98020

 <tel:206.499.0993> 206.499.0993

 <mailto:Marilyn at MarilynJKlimanLaw.com> Marilyn at MarilynJKlimanLaw.com

 <http://www.marilynjklimanlaw.com/> www.MarilynJKlimanLaw.com

NOTICE: Information contained in this email may be confidential and/or
legally protected from disclosure. Our understanding is that intended
recipients consent to use of e-mail unless we are notified otherwise in
writing. If you are not the intended recipient, nor an employee or agent
unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.