[WSBAPT] Tenant/Beneficiary Under Will

Douglas Bratt djbratt at mbavancouverlaw.com
Mon Jul 17 18:41:01 PDT 2017

What about the income tax issues involved with the rent payments received by the Estate during the administration?  Reportable? By Whom?  The Estate? The tenants in whom real estate vested at death?

If reportable by the Estate, the K-1 going to the tenant/beneficiaries will be a pass-through (either income or a loss) to the personal income tax returns of the recipients.

Any thoughts about this angle?  (I don't know about others, but this one makes my head hurt.)

Doug Bratt

Douglas J. Bratt
Lawyer

[Envelope scaled Terry]

Office: (360) 213-2040
 Fax: (360) 213-2030

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you have received this message by mistake, please do not review, disclose, copy, or distribute the email. Instead, please notify us immediately by replying to this message or telephoning us.  Thank you.