[WSBAPT] Charity percentage in a Will contingent on some duty?

Paul Grant paulnnepa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 19:18:04 PDT 2017

I agree with John - I would really shy away from putting a charity in as
PR.  The exception might be if the client has discussed his/her appointment
with the board of the charity - still a risk that by the time client dies
the board has changed and would still decline.

Regardless of that, I would beef up the PR section of payment and put in a
clause there that the charity is entitled to being paid for its PR services
in the amount of xxx.  Look at RCW 11.48.210 which allows for a testator to
put a specific sum for compensation of PR.  Interestingly, court
reasonableness is absent from that sentence.

Be sure to get a solid back-up of PR as well.

Paul H. Grant - JD, LL.M

Planning with Purpose, Inc
Lynnwood, WA 98036
425-939-9948
www.planningwithpurposeinc.com

Estate Planning. Business Planning. Wealth Succession.