[WSBAPT] Pierce county probate filing

Lewis, Amy C. ALewis at Eisenhowerlaw.com
Mon Jan 23 16:51:04 PST 2017

Chris,

                Is there a reason this needs to be filed in Pierce County?  Under 11.96A.050(4), probate can be filed in any county.  We file all of our probates in Pierce regardless of where the decedent lived.  If you intend to publish the notice to creditors, it must be published in the county of residence, but that’s the only step required to take place in the county where the decedent resided.

                If there is a reason it needs to be filed in Pierce County, my colleague Hannah Jackowski could file the probate for you.  We have a couple of new probates she will be presenting for our clients this week.  I’ve copied her on this email if you want to reach out to her directly.  The court may require a bond, even with the heir’s consent unless the assets are all community property.  We will need the PR’s date of birth in order to open the probate.

Amy C. Lewis, Attorney

[cid:logo97a10f]

ESTATE PLANNING & PROBATE

1201 Pacific Avenue, Suite 1200 | Tacoma, WA 98402
phone 253.572.4500 | fax 253.272.5732 | www.eisenhowerlaw.com<http://www.eisenhowerlaw.com/>

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Christopher Small
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2017 4:30 PM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv
Subject: Re: [WSBAPT] Pierce county probate filing

Well, it's worth a shot.

Anyone going to be in Pierce County that might be willing to step in for me in the next couple of days to present an order? Short facts:

  1.  Intestate
  2.  Very few assets (real property) and solvent
  3.  Consent signed from from heir for PR to serve, no bond, and nonintervention powers (PR is wife - heir is son from a previous marriage - both old)
Hopefully a simple deal.

I would owe any person willing to do this an enormous debt.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Christopher Small
CMS Law Firm LLC<http://cmslawfirm.com>