[WSBAPT] Pierce county probate filing

Setareh Mahmoodi mahmoodi.setareh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:50:24 PST 2017

Chris,

Have you filed the probate? If not, you may want to consider that you can
file a probate in any county in WA. So if it would be easier for you to
file in King or Snohomish, you could do that. You just have to publish a
notice to creditors in the county of residence for the deceased.

See
RCW 11.96A.040
Original jurisdiction in probate and trust matters—Powers of court.
Setareh

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Christopher Small <chris at cmslawfirm.com>
wrote:

> Can all of you Pierce County people help me out? I have two questions:
>
> 1. Is it true that all probate orders of administration have to be
> presented in person?
>
> 2. Is there any way around this so I don't have to drive down from
> Kirkland?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christopher Small
> CMS Law Firm LLC
> 150 Lake St., Suite 227
> Kirkland, WA 98033
> 206.659.1512
> cmslawfirm.com

Please always call 206-683-1006 or email before dropping by the office as I
could be in court or meetings. Thanks!

*Best regards, *

*Setareh Mahmoodi *

*Attorney at Law *

*18222 104th Ave NE, Suite 103*

*Bothell, WA 98011*

*Phone: 425-806-1500*

*Cell: 206-683-1006*

*Fax: 425-489-4142 (Please email documents if at all possible) *

*Website: **http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/ <http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This email message and any attachments is a
transmission from the law firm and is intended for the recipient only.  It
may contain information that is confidential and legally protected by the
attorney-client, work product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the
designated or intended recipient, please destroy the message without
disclosing any of its contents and notify us immediately by reply email or
by calling (425) 806-1500.

Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to
advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax
advice contained in this communication, including attachments and
enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for
the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal
Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party
any tax-related matters addressed herein.