[WSBAPT] Distribution to Missing Heirs

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Thu Jan 19 14:57:30 PST 2017

I have a probate with thirteen siblings at heirs.  With regard to one sibling, no one knows where he is at, and they speculate he is probably in Mexico.  No one has any way to reach him.  His share of the estate is $5k.  Besides the Absentee statute, has anyone obtained court approval to disburse to the unclaimed property division of the Dept. of Revenue? I am open to any other suggestions that a court has approved as well!

Thank you,

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.

Confidentiality: This e-mail transmission may contain information which is protected by attorney-client, work product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please contact us immediately and return the e-mail to us by choosing Reply (or the corresponding function on your e-mail system) and then deleting the e-mail.