[WSBAPT] negotiation Medicaid/DSHS lien

Marilyn J Kliman Law marilyn at marilynjklimanlaw.com
Tue Jan 17 14:46:28 PST 2017

Also in need of some guidance on this issue
 Is a Medicaid lien an
exception to the order of payment of debts per RCW 11.76.110?  That is,
wouldn’t reasonable PR fees and legal fees to administer the estate be paid
first (as well as funeral expenses, last medical expenses and wages owing
for labor) before DSHS?  I have a case like this now and had been operating
under the assumption that I would be negotiating with DSHS in hopes of
leaving something for the heir from the proceeds of the house sale AFTER
these other expenses.

Thanks.

Marilyn J. Kliman, Attorney at Law

Marilyn J. Kliman Law, PLLC

510 Bell Street

Edmonds, WA 98020

206.499.0993

Marilyn at MarilynJKlimanLaw.com

www.MarilynJKlimanLaw.com <http://www.marilynjklimanlaw.com/>

NOTICE: Information contained in this email may be confidential and/or
legally protected from disclosure. Our understanding is that intended
recipients consent to use of e-mail unless we are notified otherwise in
writing. If you are not the intended recipient, nor an employee or agent
unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.