[WSBAPT] One more question

Christopher Small chris at cmslawfirm.com
Fri Jan 13 13:56:17 PST 2017

Hope everyone is enjoying a fabulous day. Here are the facts...

   - H & W own a home - community property.
   - H dies without a will.
   - Years later W wants to put home into a trust - she needs to get H off
   the deed.
   - Complete affidavit for lack of probate and it's ready to file.

Here's my question - the lack of probate affidavit should be accompanied by
an instrument actually transferring the property right? Should W sign the
deed on behalf of husband? What does the structure of that deed look like?

Just having trouble wrapping my mind around how a deceased person transfers
property.

Should the clerk issue a new deed with the decedent removed?

Thanks again for your time and help!

Sincerely,

Christopher Small
CMS Law Firm LLC <http://cmslawfirm.com>