[WSBAPT] New DPOA Law and Using DPOA in Favor of AIF

Doris Eslinger doris at eslingerlawoffice.com
Tue Jan 10 17:17:09 PST 2017

Since WA doesn't have gift tax, a WA resident with say, a 3 million estate
can make a lifetime gift of a million to reduce his/her estate to 2 million
to avoid WA estate tax. I think the POA should not limit a gift to the
annual exclusion amount, regardless of Medicaid planning or not. A better
option would be to limit to whom the gift can be made.

Regards,

Doris Eslinger
Attorney at Law
ESLINGER LAW OFFICE, PLLC
2200 112th Ave NE | Suite 200 | Bellevue, WA 98005 | Phone: (425) 451-3237 |

Fax: (425) 633-2468 | doris at eslingerlawoffice.com | eslingerlawoffice.com

This message is intended only for the addressee.  The information contained
in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by the
attorney-client or attorney work product privileges.  Unauthorized
forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of such
information is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by
return e-mail or you may call our office at (425) 451-3237. Nothing in this
message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can
be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.