[WSBAPT] Markings on the original Will

Setareh Mahmoodi mahmoodi.setareh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:59:22 PST 2017

Thank you both for your responses. Sara your understanding is correct. That
is what I assumed.

If I can get the other brother to sign an affidavit agreeing to have PC act
as the PR, would I just open the probate regularly and offer the affidavit
to appoint PC when opening probate?

If I have to petition the court, I would file the Will, and would I use
that case number to file the petition to appoint the PR? Would I file
anything else at that time or would I wait until a decision on the PR is
made before filing further opening of probate paperwork?

Would the nonintervention and waiver of bond clauses under the Will still
apply under both scenarios?

So long as the Will is filed within the 30 day deadline under 11.20.010 and
the petition is filed at the same time, are there any other deadlines under
these facts that I need to be aware of? (just for purposes of getting a PR
appointed)

Lastly, dad resided in Olympia at the time of his death, under these set of
facts, 11.96A.040 still applies and I can file the petition and the Will in
King County, (or any county in WA) correct?

Thank you so much,

Setareh

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Lovie Bernardi <lovie at fb-lawfirm.com> wrote:

> I agree with Sara that if it is the PR appointment that has been changed,
> the cross out is effective but the write in is not.
>

> Lovie

Please always call 206-683-1006 or email before dropping by the office as I
could be in court or meetings. Thanks!

*Best regards, *

*Setareh Mahmoodi *

*Attorney at Law *

*18222 104th Ave NE, Suite 103*

*Bothell, WA 98011*

*Phone: 425-806-1500*

*Cell: 206-683-1006*

*Fax: 425-489-4142 (Please email documents if at all possible) *

*Website: **http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/ <http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/>*