[WSBAPT] Creditor's Claim Against an Estate Passing Through a Revocable Living Trust

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Tue Feb 14 14:18:25 PST 2017

One of two options: Move to open up a probate as a creditor.  Or sue the trust.  The trust is a separate entity and unless the nonprobate claim procedure is followed, there should be no bar to suit.  I would be interested in anyone who has actual experience with this because I have a case that just walked in the door similar to the one below on my side of the mountain.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
Yakima, WA.