[WSBAPT] Old Wisconsin Will

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Wed Dec 6 15:35:35 PST 2017

If you are on both lists, I apologize for the duplicate message.

Stumped by the following language in very old will, which may not matter, because it does not appear to meet current Wisconsin execution requirements, not sure about the law in 1968.

"My patremony  and real property is to be given to my mother should she survive me. If not, then to the youngest member of my family."

Mostly what I'm trying to figure out is who might have an interest in proving the Will. Decedent's had no spouse and no kids. His mother preceded him in death by about 3 weeks. Three surviving siblings, one deceased who left adult issue surviving. There are young nieces and nephews, younger still great nieces and nephews.

Intestacy would divide it 4 ways, with ¼ to each living sibling, and 1/8 each to niece and nephew (kids of pre-deceased sibling). If mom had survived, her estate (and the share he did not live long enough to inherit) is being divided between the 3 living siblings. The youngest sibling of the decedent is the PC.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.