[WSBAPT] Receipts for distribution from estate

J Richard McEntee, Jr. jrmcentee at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 12:31:36 PDT 2017

Hello listmates

I recently filed a petition for decree of distribution. Following a hearing on my petition, I obtained an order discharging the PR upon filing of receipts from each of the heirs and beneficiaries. Can someone share with me the process by which you typically send checks and receipts to heirs? I am thinking that I would use regular mail and enclose the check, a receipt, and a stamped return envelope along with a cautionary letter that the beneficiary is not authorized to cash or deposit the check until such time as they have signed and returned the receipt? Are there other better ways to handle this such that I am likely to receive the receipts back?

Rich

RICH McENTEE
McENTEE LAW OFFICE
3800 Bridgeport Way W, Ste A411