[WSBAPT] Assignment of LLC to Revocable Living Trust

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 09:58:07 PDT 2017

Yes. And post-Morten too.

The RLT is a legal entity, in the person of the trustee. No state registration and generally a disregarded entity for IRS purposes. It becomes a separate entity for tax at death when it becomes irrevocable.

Assign the Member Units of the LLC to the trustee in writing. They are just another asset of the trust estate.

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone