[WSBAPT] "Washington Convention" -- validity of Washington Will for property in Canada

Sharon Rutberg email at sharonrutberglaw.com
Tue Sep 13 13:21:10 PDT 2016

Great question. There is language in the Convention document that states that a licensed attorney should be considered an “authorized person” for purposes of following the convention. But, as you note, Washington has not blessed this rule.

Sounds like the best thing is to check with an authority on the applicable law of the province where the property is located.

Thanks for the input!