[WSBAPT] Transferring property when Trust can't be found

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Thu Oct 13 14:03:44 PDT 2016

Two options:
1.	Start a TEDRA Petition for delivery of trust document and for disbursement of trust assets.
2.	File for the appointment of a personal rep for an intestate estate.  Once appointed make demand and if refused, file TEDRA Petition then.

I would recommend the latter because there is likely assets that are not in the trust anyway and if the trust (and or the terms) cannot be found, I believe most argue that it passes via intestacy.  Additionally, the PR can obtain bank records, etc. rather easily unless those are in the name of the trust, but you don't know until you ask.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.