[WSBAPT] Transferring property when Trust can't be found

Randolph Petgrave randgrave at msn.com
Thu Oct 13 13:51:16 PDT 2016

Listmates,

Two questions about Revocable Living Trusts following the grantor's death -

Here are the facts: dad dies and is survived by two adult sons. Years ago, dad had an RLT drawn up, and transferred title of his house into the trust.

Son no. 1 lived with dad in dad's house; And still does 10 months post death. Son no. 2 does not. No probate has been started and no will has been found. The PC is son number 2.  PC wants answers and information about the house, assets etc. but is being stonewalled by Son 1.

1) We are pretty sure Son 1 has the RLT, but is not acknowledging possession. How can we force its disclosure and obtain a copy?

2) In the event the RLT cannot be found, how can the house be transferred out of the trust for further disposition?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Randy

Sent from my iPhone