[WSBAPT] cred claim after probate closed

Melinda Grout mkgroutlaw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:15:03 PDT 2016

Further facts:

Date of death not yet 2 years past.  Bill mailed to deceased after probate closed, yet within the 2 year statutory period.  However, PR had done due diligence in review for ascertainable creditors.  Probate closed, so if creditor wants to fight whether review was satisfactory, would hate to have to reopen probate.  (Is the lesson here to just always wait 2 years post DOD to close probates?)

At time of filing declaration completion (non-intervention probate), PR filed Declaration as below.
The undersigned Personal Representative of the above entitled estate hereby affirms that I have made a satisfactory review and inquiry as to the creditors of the decedent and that my duties in the discovery of ascertainable creditors has been satisfied.

1.   Exercise of Reasonable Diligence.   For purposes of determining reasonably ascertainable creditors, I conducted a reasonable review of the decedent’s correspondence, including correspondence received after the date of death, and financial records, including personal financial statements, loan documents, checkbooks, bank statements, and income tax returns that are in my possession or reasonably available to me.

2.   Reasonably Ascertainable Creditors Notified.   I gave actual notice to each reasonably ascertainable creditor.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington that the foregoing is true and correct.