[WSBAPT] Deed Question

Jennifer Nugent jennifer at jennifernugentlaw.com
Wed May 25 11:43:18 PDT 2016

Good morning,

I was preparing a TOD Deed for Wife and discovered that the property was still in Husband and Wife's name.  Husband passed away several years ago.  The two has a Community Property (CP) agreement but nothing was done with it at the time of Husband's death and his estate was never probated.

Procedurally, do I need to prepare a CP deed, get it recorded and then after that complete a TOD deed and have it recorded?

Also, does anyone have an example of a CP Deed they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

[Jennifer Nugent]