[WSBAPT] Probate: Sale of House

Marcia Mellinger macmell at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 16:48:21 PDT 2016

Dear David,  I usually get CMAs from three real estate agents then have all the heirs sign of on price.  No need for TEDRA. Marcia

Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 16:24:01 -0700
From: david at faberfeinson.com
To: wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: [WSBAPT] Probate: Sale of House

Working a probate in which PR wants to either buy real property owned by the estate, or wants to sell the real property to a neighbor without using a broker (good savings!). This is my first time advising a client on selling without a broker in a probate situation and I want to make sure that my inclination is correct. Though the house won't be on the open market, I know we will want to take care to sell the house for its market value. Toward that end, would it be advisable to get a market appraisal or comp analysis to determine a reasonable price, then sell the house at that price? Should I put together a TEDRA agreement between all of the heirs agreeing to the sale price before it is sold or would a market appraisal or comp analysis be sufficient to your mind? Any other best-practice advice this situation warrants?
Much appreciated.

Best,David J. FaberFaber Feinson PLLC210 Polk Street, Suite 1Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110
*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and destroy the copy you received.***