[WSBAPT] Probate: Sale of House

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Mon May 23 16:24:01 PDT 2016

Working a probate in which PR wants to either buy real property owned by
the estate, or wants to sell the real property to a neighbor without using
a broker (good savings!). This is my first time advising a client on
selling without a broker in a probate situation and I want to make sure
that my inclination is correct. Though the house won't be on the open
market, I know we will want to take care to sell the house for its market
value. Toward that end, would it be advisable to get a market appraisal or
comp analysis to determine a reasonable price, then sell the house at that
price? Should I put together a TEDRA agreement between all of the heirs
agreeing to the sale price before it is sold or would a market appraisal or
comp analysis be sufficient to your mind? Any other best-practice advice
this situation warrants?

Much appreciated.

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
210 Polk Street, Suite 1
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***