[WSBAPT] Harmful nonprofit governance opinion

Ted Clabaugh eclabaugh at comcast.net
Mon May 23 16:11:44 PDT 2016

Are you tilting at windmills? When have you seen such a situation where members of a non-profit tried to take it over absent major dereliction by the existing board? Here the board was whittled down by Happy Nelson and Mary Matthews to just the 2 of them. They either forced off the other members or they resigned in disgust at the governance of the non-profit by Matthews and Nelson. Thankfully equity provides for solutions that lead to just outcomes.

I am not involved in this case professionally. But as a resident of Vashon I have followed this sad saga by Nelson and Matthews for years.

__________________________________
Edward L. Clabaugh
The Clabaugh Law Firm
P.O. Box 333
10217 SW Burton Drive, Suite 100
Vashon Island, Washington 98070
Tel: (206) 463-1500
Fax: (206) 463-5806
Mobile: (206) 498-0761
IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with Treasury Department and IRS regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly indicated otherwise, any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written by The Law Offices of Edward L. Clabaugh to be used, and cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or any attachments).
NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.