[WSBAPT] Original Wills

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Mar 7 10:11:15 PST 2016

I LOVE that solution to the original Will storage problem, at least for ones kept by the attorney. But can we make it comply with RPCs regarding preservation of client property? Maybe it would require a signed agreement from the client ahead of time, acknowledging that the original Will would be scanned and destroyed after ___ years, but that destruction would not revoke it?

It also brings to mind - at some point the technology changes should have an impact on the significance of an original Will. I can foresee the eventual creation of an electronic Will, once equivalent procedures for security, authentication, intent, capacity, etc. are worked out.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC