[WSBAPT] Original Wills

Melinda Grout mkgroutlaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:03:41 PST 2016

Tom,

Just to follow up.  In your hypothetical, you can help the client place original in court Repository.  I do that when I have any inkling that client may be vulnerable to untrustworthy children, or unlikely to have a safer alternative.  If you think about it, even with the original will in our possession, or even in the Repository, a client can be “encouraged” by kids to write a new will, so that does not solve that issue.  That issue in particular is why I no longer send copies home, unless the client insists, but always explain that copies floating around encourage kids and others to think its their business, and to have too much information.

Melinda Grout