[WSBAPT] Re-Opened Probate and Old Creditor Claims

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:34:06 PDT 2016

Dear Listmates.  Happy beautiful Friday afternoon.  I need to reopen a
long-standing, neglected, and troubled probate in order to sell an asset by
having the clerk re-issue the letters testamentary.  Probate was opened in
2004.  In reviewing the file online, I see some creditor claims filed in
2005 which I strongly doubt were paid.  Probate was administratively closed
by court clerk in 2012 because of lack of activity and neglect.

Do I need to be worried about the creditor claims?  Are they still valid?
Client would like to open the probate, get new letters, sell the asset, and
then close the probate.