[WSBAPT] mineral rights

Marilyn J Kliman Law marilyn at marilynjklimanlaw.com
Tue Jan 26 09:48:54 PST 2016

Thank you

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Teunis J. Wyers
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 12:43 PM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv
Subject: Re: [WSBAPT] mineral rights

Find a title company serving clients in that county, and call them to ask for help.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Marilyn J Kliman Law <marilyn at marilynjklimanlaw.com> wrote:

Folks -

Client inherited percentage of mineral rights in Montana property. A legal description of the location was included in probate Declaration of Completion, but Brother PR is unresponsive to her requests for copy of deed transfer, question whether there are surface rights, estimated value, status/history, etc.

I recall NOTHING about this from law school .. .  Client hasn't the means for, nor is she interested in, legal action to demand info from bro or hire a landman to research.  Is there a way to research county records or another public repository for this kind of information?

Thank you.

Marilyn

Marilyn J. Kliman, Attorney at Law

Marilyn J. Kliman Law, PLLC

510 Bell Street

Edmonds, WA 98020

206.499.0993

Marilyn at MarilynJKlimanLaw.com

www.MarilynJKlimanLaw.com <http://www.marilynjklimanlaw.com/>

NOTICE: Information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally protected from disclosure. Our understanding is that intended recipients consent to use of e-mail unless we are notified otherwise in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, nor an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Teunis J. Wyers @ Wyers|Wyers, Attorneys

Oregon Office:

     216 Columbia St. - P.O. Box 917

     Hood River, OR 97031

     (541)386-2210/610-1520 (fax)

Washington Office:

     218 E. Steuben St. - P. O. Box 421

     Bingen, WA  98605

     (509) 493-2772/493-2406 (fax)

Email:  teunisj at wyerslawpc.com

Web:  www.wyerslawpc.com

NOTICE:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522, is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other than the individual recipient(s) is NOT a waiver of attorney-client privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated therein. If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and immediately delete the original message.

---