[WSBAPT] Attempting to Locate Probate Assets

J A Cyphers jacyphers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:19:30 PST 2016

Contact the IRS and ask for a 1099 print for 2014.  (2015 ones won't exist
until probably June.)
That should give her all the 1099s and other information returns for the
taxpayer for 2014.
Often the 1099 will show an account number.

OR start with the accountant.  Who filed the 2014 tax return??  The return
itself and the 1099s would have the same info.

There will be 1099s for all bank accounts with $10 or more in interest and
almost any other asset.
Life insurance generally won't have a 1099 and annuities that are not being
collected on won't have one.
But income producing assets should all have them.

Jackie Cyphers
Jeannette A. Cyphers, Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 908
Edmonds, WA 98020-0908
425-776-5887
fax 425-640-0814
jacyphers at gmail.com

We do not use encrypted email so this message is not secure and may not be
protected by attorney client privilege.  NOTE:  This email address is NOT
monitored 24/7.  If your matter requires prompt attention please call our
offices during business hours so we can discuss it with you and also discuss
timing.

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use of the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. The Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
Sections 2510-2521 applies to this e-mail. Unauthorized review of
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by phone or reply e-mail. Do not disseminate this
e-mail and destroy the original e-mail and any copies.