[WSBAPT] jtwros account intended to go to multiple kids

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Tue Jan 5 10:59:34 PST 2016

A TEDRA Agreement acknowledging that the JTWROS was for convenience, not dispositive of the asset would seem circumvent the need to report the "gift". But that's a tax issue, better addressed by qualified counsel.

I also think the TEDRA Agreement will address the division of the account with the brokerage house, because they will need something upon which to base the fact that they do something other than report everything under daughter's SSN. I would do as Eric Nelson suggests in his post with the addition of the TEDRA Agreement.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.