[WSBAPT] Correction to Declaration of Completion

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Feb 22 11:48:22 PST 2016

I think I'd deal with it this way: Get her telephone authorization to make, as her agent, the necessary handwritten change of the numbers, on a copy of the Declaration of Completion. Alter the title to say "Amended" Declaration of Completion. Add your own date and original signature at the end after the PR's signature with some little preliminary language like, "handwritten changes above made at the direction and authorization of the PR." File that as an original, and mail copies of the corrected Declaration to the heirs along with the Notice of Filing.

Essentially, the PR is authorizing correction of a typographic error in her original Declaration. Signing it yourself makes it enough of an "original" to file it with the Court, and anyone looking at the court file will readily be able to see both the original Declaration of Completion with her original signature, and the Amended with yours.

It's a little funky I suppose but I can't see any possible prejudice to anyone; the only version any heir will receive by mail is the corrected version, so the due process requirements are satisfied.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC