[WSBAPT] King County form Order Appointing GAL in probate?

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Feb 16 15:20:28 PST 2016

I will take that as a rhetorical question, as I can hardly commit to something on the merits on one of my cases, on the listserve.

That said, you can be sure that I am highly aware of the legal requirements of procedural due process, not to mention the creeping return of substantive due process in some arenas; the difficulty in balancing liberty interests and protective interests with an adult person of questionable capacity; the hierarchy of duties for an estate administrator who is required to distribute an estate but also make some level of effort to protect a distribution from going astray; and the thicket of jurisdictional questions that arise when investigating capacity of an heir in the context of a probate.

Individual liberties must be respected. Vulnerable adults must be protected. Legal procedures must be followed. Heirs should receive their inheritances with a minimum possible burden of formalities and accompanying legal fees. All of these competing goals must be balanced and met in a single indivisible instance. Please be assured that I find none of these imperatives quaint, obsolete, or ignorable.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC