[WSBAPT] Nominated PR has old felony conviction

MK Henderson law.mkh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 09:40:28 PST 2016

If the conviction was for possession and is over five years old can the PR
apply to have the felony vacated? If the felony is vacated then I don't
believe there is a bar to him serving as PR.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Felicia Value, Attorney at Law <
felicia at skagitprobate.com> wrote:

> Colleagues -
>
> Nominated PR has old felony conviction for possession of marijuana.  Can
> the disqualification under RCW 11.36.010 ever be waived?  Other beneficiary
> would sign off on this.
>
> Thank in advance -
> Felicia Value
> Attorney at Law
> PO Box 578/116 North Third Street
> La Conner, WA 98257
> (360) 466-2088
> www.skagitprobate.com
>
> NOTE: I do not use encrypted email. Messages sent to or
> from my office via email are not secure and may not be
> protected by attorney client privilege. This email address
> is not monitored at all times. If your matter is urgent,
> please phone my office during regular business hours.
>
> This email may contain confidential material protected by
> attorney/client privilege, and is intended for use solely by the above
> referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure,
> distribution, or other use by any person or entity is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the named recipient, or
> believe you have received this email in error, please reply to the
> sender and delete the copy you received. Thank you.

Mary K. Henderson
Henderson Law Office PLLC
1123 Maple Ave SW, Suite 225
Renton, WA 98057