[WSBAPT] lapsed distribution - please help

Roger Hawkes Roger at law-hawks.com
Mon Feb 1 10:46:07 PST 2016

Without doing my own research, I would depend on the language of the statute and divide the lapsed gift like the law says, among the relatives of given degrees.  You can give them all notice about that and provide a TEDRA agreed order to sign; if they don't all sign, petition the court for approval and give them all notice.

Sometimes the law is different from what the testator intended, but it's a pretty powerful presumption that the testator knew what would happen when he or she did not state a residuary clause:(

Roger Hawkes, WSBA # 5173
19909 Ballinger Way NE
Shoreline, WA 98155
www.hawkeslawfirm.com<http://www.hawkeslawfirm.com/>