[WSBAPT] lapsed distribution - please help

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Mon Feb 1 08:49:01 PST 2016

Melinda,

I would expect that this would pass to the other percentage beneficiaries in proportion to their original share. So that if a 10% beneficiary's share lapses, a remaining 10% beneficiary would take 10/90 or one-ninth of the total estate.

Absent language in the will that says otherwise, I would notify the remaining beneficiaries that this is what the Personal Representative intended to do, and wait for them to object.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.