[WSBAPT] Releasing PR and appointing new one - proper forms and language

Douglas Bratt djbratt at mbavancouverlaw.com
Fri Apr 22 16:57:10 PDT 2016

Hello:

Eric Nelson's reply is, as it most often is, thorough and thoughtful.

One pitfall in the present situation is that the two persons mentioned in the Will to serve were probably authorized to serve "without bond," per the provisions of the Will.

The person who is to serve as the Substitute PR has not been similarly trusted by the Testator/Testatrix, by name, in the Will.

So, it very well might be that the new PR will be required to obtain and file a Personal Representative's Bond.

My three (3) cents (higher rates on Fridays).

Regards,

Doug Bratt

Douglas J. Bratt
Lawyer

[Envelope scaled Foster]

Office: (360) 213-2040
 Fax: (360) 213-2030

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you have received this message by mistake, please do not review, disclose, copy, or distribute the email. Instead, please notify us immediately by replying to this message or telephoning us.  Thank you.

NOTE:  I do not use encrypted email.  Messages sent to or from my office via email are not secure and may not be protected by attorney-client privilege.  This email address is not monitored at all times.  If your matter is urgent, please phone my office during regular business hours.

TAX ADVICE NOTICE: IRS Circular 230 requires us to advise you that, if this communication or any attachment contains any tax advice, the advice is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding federal tax penalties. A taxpayer may rely on professional advice to avoid federal tax penalties only if the advice is reflected in a comprehensive tax opinion that conforms to stringent requirements. Please contact us if you have any questions about Circular 230 or would like to discuss our preparation of an opinion that conforms to these IRS rules.