[WSBAPT] Double tax for one lot

Kailei Feeney kailei at westseattlelaw.com
Wed Oct 21 17:11:11 PDT 2015

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has encountered a similar situation - have a client who has owned a property for decades.  It was in her husband's family before they acquired in the 1980's.

The county has ascribed two separate tax accounts on it that she has been paying for years.  One valid info, but the other makes no sense/ not tied to her property.

Essentially paying taxes for a phantom lot for at least 30 years!

Clearly the goals are (1) stop paying (client is addressing this with county) and (2) getting some dollars back.  Realizing the latter to be an uphill battle, I'm mostly throwing out the issue to see if others have had experience, thoughts, war stories?

As always, thanks for your input.

Kailei
Kailei B. Feeney
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image002.png at 01CE1502.B7F074B0]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
kailei at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:kailei at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment. Unless you have previously signed an engagement agreement with this firm, and the firm has accepted you as a client, NO exchange of information by virtue of emails or communications will create any attorney client relationship, including any duty of confidentiality, between sender and/or recipient.