[WSBAPT] George Bell Article

Al Falk afalk at Harlowefalk.com
Mon Oct 19 16:45:07 PDT 2015

Karen,

My daughter (ER nurse at Northwest Hospital) forwarded that to me yesterday and I found it very interesting, too - both from the "what do we do in Washington?" standpoint and also from the "interesting what happens to people in life" standpoint - not just to George Bell, but also to the people who had been significant in his life.  I have no idea what is done in such cases here in Pierce County.

Al Falk

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Karen E. Boxx
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 11:50 AM
To: wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: [WSBAPT] FW: George Bell Article

There was a fascinating article in the NYTimes about a man that died alone in his apartment  how the authorities went about administering his estate. Here's the link in case you missed it: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/18/nyregion/dying-alone-in-new-york-city.html

It made me wonder, however, how those cases are currently handled locally.  I know that years ago, King County would appoint a private lawyer for a term to be the "public administrator" and serve as PR for all the estates like this that came up, when there were assets.  Does anyone know if that's still being done?  What about in other counties?

karen