[WSBAPT] HCD Internally Inconsistent??

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Oct 16 15:19:30 PDT 2015

Years ago when I was a paralegal, it was explained to me by the attorneys that for some people, removing "life support"--artificial means of keeping the heart pumping, lungs working, etc.--is okay because they're "unnatural" means of prolonging life, but voluntarily withholding food and water is not okay because it is seen essentially as committing suicide by starvation/dehydration. So some clients want to make a split decision, recognizing that they can end up in the Terry Schiavo-like state in some circumstances.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC