[WSBAPT] Finding Estate Assets

Ted Clabaugh eclabaugh at comcast.net
Sat Oct 10 13:52:44 PDT 2015

Since the creditor you represent has been appointed the executor of the estate, the executor/creditor has the power to demand all papers of the decedent including bank account records, records concerning insurance policies, brokerage accounts, records concerning ownership of real property, etc. See RCW 11.48.010 et seq. If the girlfriend does not cooperate, I would notice a hearing, serve the girlfriend and have the Commissioner issue an order that she provide all information to you.  You can also have all mail addressed to the decedent forwarded to the creditor/executor by taking the Letters Testamentary to the Post Office which processes his mail and filling out a change of address form.
__________________________________
Edward L. Clabaugh
The Clabaugh Law Firm
P.O. Box 333
10217 SW Burton Drive, Suite 100
Vashon Island, Washington 98070
Tel: (206) 463-1500
Fax: (206) 463-5806
Mobile: (206) 498-0761
IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with Treasury Department and IRS regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly indicated otherwise, any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written by The Law Offices of Edward L. Clabaugh to be used, and cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or any attachments).
NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.