[WSBAPT] Enforcing a HCD

MK Henderson law.mkh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 16:14:56 PDT 2015

Why doesn't she create a stand alone Medical Power of attorney. I have
reviewed a few Health Care Directives that include the power of medical
decisions given to someone.  The mother is right to be concerned about the
children.  If she has a friend who she is comfortable discussing her end of
life decisions that is great. Her children may thank her. Mary

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Paul Neumiller <pneumiller at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> A divorced mother with children in their 20s asked me the following
> question:  “How do I ensure that my children will follow my wishes
> expressed in my Health Care Directive and pull the plug?  I just know my
> children will endlessly debate the issue but I DO NOT want to be hooked up
> to tubes if I am just a vegetable. “  She is considering a carve out in her
> Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care to allow a trusted (and older)
> family friend to be able to make the decision to pull the plug.  I said
> that I would post her question to the collective mind.  What say you?

Mary K. Henderson
Henderson Law Office PLLC
1123 Maple Ave SW, Suite 225
Renton, WA 98057