[WSBAPT] Enforcing a HCD

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 7 16:03:11 PDT 2015

A divorced mother with children in their 20s asked me the following
question:  "How do I ensure that my children will follow my wishes expressed
in my Health Care Directive and pull the plug?  I just know my children will
endlessly debate the issue but I DO NOT want to be hooked up to tubes if I
am just a vegetable. "  She is considering a carve out in her Durable Power
of Attorney for Health Care to allow a trusted (and older) family friend to
be able to make the decision to pull the plug.  I said that I would post her
question to the collective mind.  What say you?