[WSBAPT] Posthumous Tissue Collection

Sherman Snow sherman at shermansnowlaw.com
Thu Nov 19 10:59:55 PST 2015

Hi Wendy -

Perhaps you could use RCW 68.50.160(3) the statutory authority for
disposition of remains.   The statute allows one to appoint an agent for
such purposes, in a written document in the presence of a witness.  You
could include this language in a will, satisfying the witness requirement,
and include in your provision the agent's authority regarding the tissue.
The appointment of an agent pursuant to the RCW should give it greater
authority to require a hospital to honor.

Sherman

Snow Law PLLC
(206) 659-2498
3703 S. Edmunds St. #104, Seattle WA 98118

sherman at shermansnowlaw.com