[WSBAPT] << Rules of Thumb as to "THE" 2 Witnesses >>

jeffrey winter jdwinter at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:34:09 PDT 2015

I've always been concerned that, by being involved in any way (witness or notary) you will be assumed to have reviewed and advised the testator as to the contents.  For that reason, I typically decline.  I will only notarize Wills that I have drafted.
I generally do not act as a witness.  If you probate the Will, and there is estate litigation, you might be conflicted out as a witness.
If they don't want want to pay for your consult, it's kinda like bringing a fast food burger to a fancy restaurant and just ordering a soda to go with your meal.
My thoughts.
Jeffrey D. Winter

Law Office of Jeffrey D.
Winter, P.S.