[WSBAPT] Removing Deceased Father's Name from Deed

Tom J. Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Thu Jun 25 10:08:03 PDT 2015

Eric,

Pet peeves about disso decrees.…really? You just opened the proverbial Pandora’s box.

Here’s my top 2:

1. Awarding the home or other real property that is subject to underlying secured interest and promissory note executed by both spouses;

2. Giving one spouse a secured interest (DOT) in home or other property subject to underlying secured interest in return for a promissory note of the other party to pay a stated amount over time to balance the property award……….and then the spouse that gets the real property files bankruptcy and gets the secured interest avoided because the value of the property won’t cover all the secured debt of the former spouse.

I may not have articulated these artfully, but doubt these are new to you either. There are more but need to get back to work.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

Rodgers, Kee & Card, P.S.

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, Washington  98502

Phone: 360-352-8311

Facsimile: 360-352-8501

Email: tjw at buddbaylaw.com

Skype: thomas.westbrook

www.buddbaylaw.com

The information contained in this email and attachment(s) are for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain private, privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, you are strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this email or its contents in any way. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 360-352-8311 or by e-mail to reception at buddbaylaw.com, and destroy the original message from your electronic files.