[WSBAPT] My first TEDRA??

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Tue Jun 9 16:32:57 PDT 2015

I have used TEDRA agreements to avoid setting these trusts up several times, and at least once to fix an estate where the trust wasn’t set up, but should have been. I think TEDRA is perfect for this type of situation and would have all parties, as trustees, current and remainder beneficiaries sign. Make sure to include virtual representation of grandkids if appropriate.

I don’t think it would create a problem to terminate the trust at this point as long as there are not just benefits flowing to mom, but cite the changes in the law (mistake of fact) and include mom’s promise not to disinherit the kids in the agreement.

If however the Trust has provision that would allow it to qualify as a SNT if mom ever needs nursing home care, it might be worthwhile to keep it.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.