[WSBAPT] FW: [elder-law-section] trust amendment

Marilyn J Kliman marilyn at marilynjklimanlaw.com
Wed Jul 29 16:25:41 PDT 2015

Listmates -

Client is Trustee of decedent's RLT.

Trust document states that settlor ".may at any time .amend any of the terms
of this trust by a written document delivered to the trustee." Decedent (as
settlor/trustee) made multiple handwritten edits on the trust document over
the years. There are no dates, signatures or notarization, none of which,
obviously, are required by terms of the trust.

My question is, are these unenforceable amendments, or valid if proven to be
in decedent's handwriting?

(Apologies to folks on both listserves)

Thank you,

Marilyn

Marilyn J. Kliman, Attorney at Law

Marilyn J. Kliman Law, PLLC

510 Bell Street

Edmonds, WA 98020

206.499.0993

Marilyn at MarilynJKlimanLaw.com

www.MarilynJKlimanLaw.com <http://www.marilynjklimanlaw.com/>

"Those who lack humor are without judgment and should be trusted with
nothing."   Clive James

NOTICE: Information contained in this email may be confidential and/or
legally protected from disclosure. Our understanding is that intended
recipients consent to use of e-mail unless we are notified otherwise in
writing. If you are neither the intended recipient nor an employee or agent
of the intended recipient, any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer.

  _____

---

You are currently subscribed to elder-law-section as:
Marilyn at marilynjklimanlaw.com.

To receive the Daily Digest format, send an email to:
digest-elder-law-section at list.wsba.org.

To unsubscribe, please send a blank email to:
leave-142611-15603118.a91c052584ae644bddf2fb2c564d6b9f at list.wsba.org.

For all other inquires, or if you receive an Undeliverable message, contact
the Administrator at  <mailto:sections at wsba.org> sections at wsba.org. To
expedite your request, please include the List Serve name and your
subscribed email address.

---

---