[WSBAPT] Non-Resident Couple and Real Estate

Jacob Menashe jacob at hickmanmenashe.com
Mon Jul 6 08:38:15 PDT 2015

A resident of a non-community property state wants to put his wife on title to Washington real estate (which he inherited). What should the vesting language say about the spouses? Husband and wife? (I’m assuming we don’t have community property but maybe I’m off on that.) And what if the couple expect to be moving to Washington in the next couple years? With that in mind, should/can something be added so we’ll for sure have community property then? I realize I may be missing some points here. All responses appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob Menashe

Jacob H. Menashe
Hickman Menashe, PS