[WSBAPT] Probate without Spouse

Paul Grant paulnnepa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 15:39:13 PST 2015

*RCW 11.28.030 states that a spouse has 40 days to petition the court to
have the right to administer the community property of the estate.  Named
PR, sister, wants to move forward and it has been longer than 40 days.  Is
there anything else, other than standard "heir" information, that needs to
be sent to a surviving spouse (and omitted at that due to a recent
marriage)?  Specifically, before I go to court, I do not see any further
notice requirements of the probate but rather send Petition and Will to
heirs (kids and spouse) after the PR is in place with Letters Test...
guidance is appreciated - GO HAWKS!*

Paul H. Grant - JD, LL.M

Planning with Purpose, Inc
Lynnwood, WA 98036
425-939-9948
www.planningwithpurposeinc.com

Estate Planning. Business Planning. Wealth Succession.