[WSBAPT] Small Estate Affidavit by someone other than successor

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Jan 14 10:12:58 PST 2015

Technically I think an actual "successor" has to sign the affidavit--one of the kids. But maybe have all six kids sign it (to get rid of notice issues), and direct in the affidavit that all funds be paid to uncle as agent for the six kids?

I have my doubts about this arrangement though. Since the money should just go to the successors (all debts having already been paid, as must be stated in the affidavit), I don't see why there should be any intermediary. Easier to do one affidavit for all six kids to sign, and direct that the payout be made in sixths directly to the kids at their respective addresses.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC